Automotives - hardness testing
Hardness testing equipment for crankshafts
The following specifications are fulfilled by the hardness testing equipment:
- Standard hardness testings in the Rockwell procedure perpendicularly at all taps of crankshafts with reciprocal centering borehole to overall length 800mm and maximum flight circle diameter 250mm.
- By use of a particularly made penetrator with 5mm width and an accordingly narrow support the distance can be tested from 3mm of the crank . The penetrator and the support are extended and reach a depth of approx. 80mm.
- Expenditure of the measured values over RS232 interface (standard production log is available).
- The hardness tester can be used in accordance with its specification further for standard applications
- The plant is supplied with manufacturer's test certificate. * The plant inclusive penetrator is MPA compatible.
- The plant is supplied with an underbody (e.g. work bench approx.. 2000 x 900 mm) . A PC (approx. 500 x 300 mm) can be fastened beside the hardness tester on the underbody.
Test sequence/technical description:
The crankshaft is brought with a crane to the hardness testing equipment and clamped firm between points on the XY cross table. For this the cross table is driven into the preparation position (approx. 500 mm in operator direction, freely accessible from above). The cross table is manually in x and y-direction adjustable and the test specimen can be turned around its longitudinal axis. The cross table is stored in a high-quality ball rotating rail guidance. In x-direction a rest rail is intended, which makes faster positioning possible. The rail is replaceable for different test specimens.
If a test position is reached in XY direction, the prism tables support is driven with a Joystick by electric motors from down against the test specimen, with which this is centered and - on use of the anti-twist plate - is strutted.
The hardness measuring head is by electric motors in z-direction displaceable. By Joystick it is moved downward, where it stops with reaching the test before strength. The loading and relieving with test load takes place manually at a lever.
For the security of the operator the movement by electric motors is possible only in two-hand control.